Saturday, September 28, 2013

Our Last Day in Prague and in Europe!

Hi all,

We walked around the Jewish Quarter this morning. We saw the High Synagogue, Pinkas and Old-New Synagogues as well as the Jewish Town Hall and the Rodolphinium, which is a place for concerts. It was wonderful walking in my ancestors footsteps.

The day was gorgeous! Blue skies and cool temperatures. We were bundled up, but comfortable. Colleen had her requisite Starbucks while I printed out the boarding passes for tomorrow's flights.

My impressions of Eastern Europe are mixed. I loved the cities. The architecture was phenomenal everywhere! We have nothing to compare with in the cities of the States. The history too, is longer than ours by many centuries, so there are more stories to relate.

I was disappointed in some of the people and their treatment of women. Men do not open doors nor do they move out of the way or assist the fellow humans. The smoking is terrible. Everyone smokes outdoors.

But all in all, we had a great time. I loved having Colleen as a traveling companion. She went everywhere I wanted to go and she never complained. We'll almost never!

So we are going for a much needed massage later today followed by Hooters to end the evening. Hope you enjoyed us traveling through Europe!

Love,

Kerry and Colleen








No comments:

Post a Comment